Friday 1 April 2011

I can't sign in to the Apple Mac App Store!

When you click "Sign In" in the Store menu nothing happens. When you click the "Sign In" link in the store nothing happens. You haven't got FruitMenu or APE (Application Enhancer) installed so the official line:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3638

is no good to you at all. You've checked your account in iTunes to make sure everything's ok, you've signed out, signed in, logged out, logged in, restarted your mac and it hasn't helped. Hey, you've even bravely deleted stuff from ~/Library/Caches/ and removed .plists from ~/Library/Preferences/ and you still can't get a sign in on the app store.

Take a deep breath.

You have Little Snitch installed. You've gotten annoyed with storeagent constantly phoning home and you've blocked it completely. Go to the Little Snitch Configuration. Unblock storeagent.

Launch the app store, click "Sign In" and smile.

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't figure this out and even had a hunch it was little snitch blocking the app store.

    I guess I forgot about storeagent.

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out how to do this. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I could not figure this out at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ABSOLUTE HERO :-) THAAAAANK YOOOOOOOUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I don't have APE, Fruit nor Little Snitch installed and I'm still facing the same problem. Any guess on what could be causing this?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear lord thank you, was going crazy
    Thought I tried disabling LS but apparently I only turned off the network mon

    ReplyDelete